The LSVI Outreach and O&M Departments are hosting a weekend camp for Visually Impaired and Blind children and their families. The Kamp program includes a variety of activities that involve educational, recreational, and quality of life issues.
The Parents Program
• Eye Conditions and Related Educational Implications
• Pre-Braille, Technology, and Literacy Skills
• Early Reading Activities • The IEP Process • Parents’ Rights
• Concept Skills • Environmental Awareness • Basic Orientation & Mobility
The Children’s Program
• Concept Skills • Travel Skills and Safety • Movement Activities
• Arts and Crafts • Environmental Awareness • Basic Orientation & Mobility
For more information, contact the LSVI school office at (225) 757-3482 or LSVI O&M and Outreach Department at (225) 757-3489.